Infrared Heating for Food and Agricultural Processing
It’s been nearly 40 years since the last book on infrared heating for food processing was published, and in the meantime, the field has seen significant progress in understanding the mechanism of the infrared (IR) heating of food products and interactions between IR radiation and food components. Infrared Heating for Food and Agricultural Processing presents the latest applications of IR heating technology, focusing on thermal processing of food and agricultural products.
Coverage Ranges from Fundamentals to Economic Benefits
With an emphasis on novel application, the text includes chapters that address such topics as:
- Infrared heating system design
- Pest management
- Food safety improvement
Where applicable, this readily accessible guide reviews case studies to address specific industrial issues and the economic benefits of IR heating. Infrared Heating for Food and Agricultural Processing is a well-organized resource for food processing engineers and also quality control and safety managers in food processing and food manufacturing operations.
- Presents applications of infrared radiation in food processing
- Explains the favorable attributes of using infrared processing for food and agricultural products
- Provides the fundamentals of infrared radiation and describes emitters and infrared heating system design
- Covers food plant operations such as drying, blanching, baking, and thawing
- Includes food safety, quality control, and pest management information