Pittsburgh-based Chromalox, a manufacturer of electric heat and control products, revamped its web site to deliver increased functionality and allow visitors to find and configure solutions based on industry and application.
The site provides visitors with a range of tools such as those for performing IEEE-compliant heat-trace calculations; datalogging using the company's controllers; and performing Ohm's Law calculations. The site also provides quick links to vertical market pages that focus on select industries, including alternative fuels processing, bio-pharmaceutical, power generation and petrochemicals. Each page has an interactive application map that graphically highlights where and how Chromalox products are used in that industry.
Additional features of the new site include:
- Application articles that highlight custom solutions and successes.
- A searchable database that allows visitors to locate a Chromalox representative.
- Third-party approval listings and manufacturing certifications.
- Enhanced site search functions that allow visitors to search through more than one million products in the Chromalox catalog.
- Improved infrastructure that increases the overall site speed and reliability.