A user-downloadable firmware upgrade for Fluke 8845A/8846A precision digital multimeters delivers more functionality to the instruments.
According to the company, the upgraded firmware adds several enhancements to Fluke 8845A and 8846A multimeters, including:
- Increased VDC reading rate to 1,000 readings per second, for improved measurement throughput in an ATE system.
- Increased milliamp input range to 400 mA to cover a wider range of measurements through a single input.
- Improved DCV:DCV ratio, making it possible to do relative comparisons of two DC voltage test points. This feature is useful for determining the voltage balance between two differential circuits, operation amplifier comparator inputs, and voltage dividers.
- Added IDC and VDC dual measurement, making it easier to calculate power dissipation and simplifying battery power management testing in portable devices.
- Added ability to create and store power-up instrument configuration, so users can configure the meter once and keep the setup, even if power is turned off or lost.
- Added 8842A command emulation so users can easily replace an old Fluke 8842A meter.