Plastic molding conditions can affect toughness, warpage, shrinkage, weld lines and surface appearance of molded parts. To help eliminate the associated guesswork, Wilmington, Del.-based DuPont offers processing information in a downloadable file format for its principal commercial plastics, including the latest high-performance grades. Data for more than 500 grades of engineering plastics is provided in 24 languages. Data includes recommendations for:
- Melt temperature.
- Cylinder temperature profile.
- Mold temperature.
- Optimum screw rotation speed.
- Injection hold pressure level and time.
- Maximum material moisture content.
- Drying temperature and time.