DuPont Offers Plastic Processing Tips
April 4, 2007
Plastic molding conditions can affect toughness, warpage, shrinkage, weld lines and surface appearance of molded parts. To help eliminate the associated guesswork, Wilmington, Del.-based DuPont offers processing information in a downloadable file format for its principal commercial plastics, including the latest high-performance grades. Data for more than 500 grades of engineering plastics is provided in 24 languages. Data includes recommendations for:
- Melt temperature.
- Cylinder temperature profile.
- Mold temperature.
- Optimum screw rotation speed.
- Injection hold pressure level and time.
- Maximum material moisture content.
- Drying temperature and time.