A review of the requirements in NFPA 86, 2007 Edition, Standard for Ovens and Furnaces, is the focus of a safety standards seminar set for May. Scheduled for May 5-6 the Hilton Indianapolis in downtown Indianapolis, the 18th Annual Safety Standards & Codes Seminar will be hosted by Cincinnati-based Industrial Heating Equipment Association.
The seminar will address:
- Oven and furnace location and construction.
- Oven and furnace heating systems.
- Commissioning, operations, maintenance, inspection and testing.
- Safety equipment and applications, including programmable logic
systems, burner management systems, safety controls and devices, and safety
- Thermal oxidizers.
- Class A (flammable volatiles or combustible materials) ovens and
- Class B (no flammable volatiles or combustible materials) ovens
- Class C (special atmospheres) ovens and furnaces.
- Class D (vacuum) ovens and furnaces.
- Loss prevention.
- Product liability.
- Typical process applications.
The registration fee for the two-day event, which will include a copy of NFPA 86, 2007 ediiton, is $700 for IHEA members and $750 for non-members. The Hilton is extending a special guest room rate of $129 for those making reservations prior to April 4. To register, visit the secure registration form on IHEA's web site or call (513) 231-5613 to request a printed brochure.