The Infrared Training Center, N. Billerica, Mass., offers interactive thermography training, certification and recertification in all aspects of infrared thermography, providing small classes, hands-on training and all course materials.
Its entry-level course is suitable for new users with no prior thermography experience. The hands-on class introduces students to thermal imaging and measurement systems, providing field-application demonstrations and experiences that closely simulate real-world infrared applications. Over four days, students learn about infrared cameras and how to:
- Collect quality data, accurate temperature readings, and account for measurement effects such as distance and emissivity.
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze thermal images.
- Read and understand the infrared inspection report and database software.
- Avoid beginner mistakes. Learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings, and qualitative vs. quantitative thermography.
- Improve performance by using reporting software and procedures necessary to communicate results.