- The company needed to increase the line speed of its gas ovens,
but they accommodated just 10 ft/min.
- Increasing the line speed above 10 ft/min with the existing units caused the resin to cure unevenly, which caused the paper pleats to set improperly.
By adding the Research units to preheat the resin, the manufacturer got the following benefits:
- Increased line speeds from 10 ft/min to 17 ft/min.
- Consistent, even cure.
- The ability to reduce energy costs by turning off some of the heaters when all six lanes were not running.
- Use and retrofit of existing equipment to maximize investment.