- Collect quality data, accurate temperature readings and account for measurement effects such as distance and emissivity using infrared cameras.
- Distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings, and qualitative vs. quantitative thermography.
- Interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze thermal images.
- Use infrared inspection report generation and database software.
- Use the reporting software and procedures necessary to communicate results.
Thermography Certification Class to Be Held in Chicago
August 5, 2010
Infrared Training Center (ITC) will host an introductory infrared thermography and certification course in Chicago in August. According to the N. Billerica, Mass.-based company, the Level 1 course, which will be held August 23-26 at the CNA Center, will teach attendees how to: