Presented by water expert Paul Puckorius, principal at Puckorius and Associates Inc., an independent water consulting firm, the one-hour presentation will give attendees the benefit of more than 50 years of water treatment experience. Puckorius will offer advice on tackling and solving an array of real-life tower-water problems, and attendees can ask their own questions as well. The session will cover:
- Correcting water chemistry to protect old and new
galvanized steel towers - mechanically or chemically.
- Handling high dust and corrosion with filtration, with a look at
both heavy and light particulates.
- Using recycled water.
- Solving microbiological corrosion with improved biocides and
Using new solid-based products to eliminate handling, shipping and storage
of liquid treatments.
- Saving chemicals and protecting equipment with coatings and
sacrificial anodes in water boxes and tube sheets.
- Cleaning up and preventing film-fill fouling.
Monitoring and automation of water quality for protecting equipment and
- Controlling deposits with inhibitors that eliminate acid.
- Conserving water with new deposit and corrosion inhibitors.