The $73,000 award program, put on by Fluke Corp., Everett, Wash., selected winning schools based on factors such as instructional program content; program impact (numbers of students and certificates or degrees conferred); how the test tools will be incorporated into the teaching program; and willingness to provide feedback and comments on their experience with the products.
According to Fluke, a large number of institutions applied for the grants. The winning institutions are:
- Greenville Technical College,
- Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, N.Y.
- Montana Electrical JATC, Helena, Mont.
- Oregon Institute of Technology, Portland, Ore.
- Sandersville Technical College, Sandersville, Ga.