Published as HI 20.3-2010 by the Hydraulic Institute, Parsippany, N.J., the publication is available in electronic and print formats. It helps users predict pump performance when the rate of flow, total head per stage, net positive suction head available (NPSHA) and service conditions are known. Graphs are used to portray the relationship of pump efficiency vs. different parameters.
The guide explains how surface roughness and internal pump clearances affect pump efficiency and helps users understand the power consumption and efficiency loss created by bearings, lip seals, mechanical shaft seals and shaft packing. It includes these pump types:
- Slurry, end suction.
- Solids-handling, end suction pumps.
- Submersible sewage, end suction.
- Stock, end suction.
- Horizontal multistage, axial split, segmented ring
- ASME B73, API end suction, end suction.
- API double suction.
- Double suction, general service.
- Vertical turbine, mixed-flow and propeller, single and multistage diffuser type.