You or others in your facility who use ammonia refrigeration systems know they play a crucial role in cooling processes and in facility cooling systems. Operators and engineers working with the toxic chemical must know how to operate and maintain their equipment for reliability and efficiency, all the while keeping an eye on safety. Fill in any knowledge gaps on November 3, at 2 p.m. ET, with a free one-hour tightly focused ammonia-safety webinar, “Handling Ammonia Systems Safely.”
At the session, you will learn:
- Ammonia first aid - both the old and new
- Why the published lower explosive limit may not be
correct for your facility.
- Whether ammonia rises, hovers or falls during a
release. (Maybe you think you know, but are you sure?)
- The four most common misunderstandings about
- Why trapped liquid is so dangerous.
- The application and misapplication of ammonia
- What to do (and not do) during a release.
So if you use ammonia refrigeration systems, make plans to attend and learn about “gotchas” and other practical information that could save your life, your equipment or your facility.
Associate Publisher and Editor