Coining the word "RTDology," Burns Engineering Inc., Minnetonka, Minn., has defined it as the study of temperature measurement and the practice of expertise in the area of resistance temperature detectors and their applications.
The company has "RTDologists," or staff specialists in temperature measurement, who present educational webinars online or on site.
"Sensor Selection and Application," set for January 11, 2012, at 1 p.m. EST, is offered at no cost, like all of the company's online webinars. Past webinar topics, which are accessible on Burns website, include:
- Temperature measurement questions and
- RTD accuracy, with a look at terminology and error sources.
- RTD accuracy and error realization.
- Calculating RTD measurement accuracy.
- RTDs vs. thermocouples.
- RTD calibration.
- Optimizing temperature measurements.
- Measuring temperature in small diameter lines.
- Thermowell selection and use.