A one-and-half-day workshop on the basics of powder coating will be held just before the 2015 Powder Coating Show, allowing attendees to take part in both events in a single trip.
"Powder Coating 101" will be held May 4-5 at the Kentucky International Convention Center in Louisville. The course, which is presented by the Powder Coating Institute, Montgomery, Texas, will cover:
- An overview of the powder coating process.
- Powder application and recovery as well as electrostatic theory.
- Powder selection, testing and costing.
- Surface preparation.
- Powder coating system design, part hanging, and environmental concerns.
- Gelling and curing powder coatings using ovens and infrared boosters.
The fee for the workshop is $395 for PCI members and $495 for nonmembers.
In addition, PCI is offering discounts for those who commit to attending both the workshop and the 2015 Powder Coating Show. Those who register for the Louisville workshop can attend the show's expo for free. Alternately, those who register for the workshop can save $100 off a full conference registration, which includes all technical sessions during the show, for the 2015 Powder Coating Show.
Report Abusive Comment