The Stratomizer® Dampered Face and Bypass Coil or integral face and bypass coil as it is sometimes called, provides the most reliable method of preheating and tempering fresh outside air while maintaining full steam pressure or hot water flow to the coil at all times. Dampers located in front of and behind a coil section can be infinitely varied between fully open or fully closed. By the positioning of dampers, proportioned quantities of air are either directed through the heating coil section or bypass the heating coil section to achieve the required discharge air temperature. The dampers are automatically repositioned to maintain a set leaving air temperature when a change in outside temperature occurs. This is typically controlled by a thermostat mounted downstream of the Stratomizer.
The Stratomizer is available in both horizontal and vertical configurations using steam or hot water to fit a variety of applications. The integral face and bypass coil is comprised of an array of heated cores and bypass sections that limit temperature stratification by achieving complete mixing approximately 36" downstream of the coil. Continuous full steam pressure or hot water flow to the heating cores eliminates the possibility of freezing. This has been proven more reliable than modulating water or steam to the coil section.
- More than 120 different sizes available
- 1-, 2-, or 3-row cores are available within the same 20" deep casing
- Anodized aluminum industrial damper with neoprene blade seals for long life
- Non-ferrous linkage is isolated from the air stream
- Multiple materials and thicknesses available for fins, tubes, and casing
- Flexible pipe connection locations
- Factory-installed pneumatic or electric controls available
- Brazed or welded construction available
- Backed by the industry leading Marlo warranty
- Selection accomplished through our MarloMetrics® Software either by you or one of our application specialists.
- Contact Marlo.Coils@drs.com or 636.677.6600