1. Understanding TEMA Types for Shell-and-Tube Exchangers
Shell-and-tube designs incorporate fixed or floating tubesheets, fixed or removable tube bundles and expansion joints as needed to create an effective heat transfer vessel. Gain a better understanding of the TEMA types to improve your selection process.
2. The Basics of Desuperheating and Steam Conditioning
Control valves are critical components in desuperheating and steam-conditioning systems. They require an understanding of system operation before they are specified.
3. 7 Tips for Designing Combustion Control Panels
Developing or specifying standard design panels that can be optimized for specific applications allows oven and dryer OEMs to avoid having to develop custom combustion controls for each heat processing system. • /articles/93385-tips-for-designing-combustion-control-panels
4. Watertube Boiler Safety Based on Physics and Physical Design
Modular, on-demand watertube boilers have lower water content than traditional watertube and firetube boilers. How can reducing the water volume in an industrial steam boiler improve plant safety?
5. Identifying Safety Instrumented Functions in Burner Management Systems
ISA provides helpful guidance as Technical Report TR 84.00.05 is under review. •
6. Understanding the Requirements of Combustion Safety Equipment
Personnel, equipment and production schedules depend upon keeping fuel-fired burners safe per NFPA requirements.
7. Oven Safety Is No Accident
Fatal accidents involving industrial ovens and dryers are relatively rare, fortunately. Incorporating safety features can enhance operator and technician safety when working near industrial ovens and dryers.
8. How IIoT Data Can Improve Heat Exchanger Performance
Adding sensors and analytical capabilities can help plants get a handle on early fouling or loss of heat transfer in heat exchangers. Wireless sensors gather data that can be used to improve performance, cut costs and reduce energy consumption.
9. Temperature Measurement in Metal Reheat Furnaces
Thermal imagers can be used to optimize metal reheat furnaces.
10. Temperature vs. Flow: Finding the Balance for Effective Process Cooling
Using an industrial temperature control system that provides the correct fluid at the proper temperature and flow helps improve cooling system efficiency.