Powder Coating 101 Workshop
The Powder Coating 101 Workshop is an introduction to powder coating that focuses on materials, application, reclamation, testing and evaluation, quality control, the manufacturing process, and much more. You will gain knowledge of powder coatings and the powder coating process from expert industry speakers as well as have an opportunity to network with speakers and other attendees during the PCI-hosted networking reception. This course is recommended for those with little or no knowledge of powder coatings.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Job Shops
- Coating manufacturer and distributor sales representatives
- Quality assurance and control employees
- Coating companies looking to train employees
- Those looking to enter the powder coating industry
- A day and a half of instruction by qualified industry experts and either a plant tour or hands-on manual spray (depending on workshop location).
- Learn the latest technologies
- Provides education and skills needed for career development
- Take home the Powder Coating Finisher's Handbook (a $120 value)
- Powder coating process
- Application, recovery, electrostatic theory
- Powder selection, testing, costing
- Surface preparation
- System design, hanging, environmental
- Ovens, curing, IR boost
- Manual spraying
- Networking reception
- Measurement and Testing Equipment
Powder Coating 101 is a day and a half workshop. Typically the workshop begins at 8:00 AM on the first day and goes until 4:30 PM. Following the first day is a complimentary reception from 5:00 - 6:00 PM which gives attendees the opportunity to network with others in the powder coating industry and ask specific questions of the speakers. The second day begins at 8:00 AM and continues until noon.
Powder Coating 101 - Basic Essentials with Plant Tour PCI Members: $395 Non-Members: $495
Registration fees include: Powder Coating Finisher's Handbook, a printed copy of the presentations, continental breakfast and lunch, networking reception and certificate of completion.