7 Ways to Use Thermal-Insulating Coatings
October 3, 2007
Thermal-insulating coatings solve painting and insulating problems by protecting surfaces from ambient conditions. Houston-based Mascoat Products suggests seven ways process heating operations can benefit from using thermal-insulating coatings.
exchanger protection protects personnel.
- Heat retention and boiler or pan protection protects personnel and
improves boiler efficiency.
- Condensation control eliminates condensation in plant areas.
- Tank protection reduces thermal shock and increases condensation
control. It also can be used on tanks to improve heat or cold retention.
- Diffuser protection improves heat retention and provides substrate
- Piping protection insulates pipes and provides substrate protection.
When applied to piping, it also provides personnel protection because lower
substrate temperatures keep hot piping within OSHA guidelines.
- Extruder protection helps insulate and protect molds in plastic applications.