- In the chemical industry, where material compatibility is essential, they have found wide acceptance due to the variety of gasket and plate materials available.
- In the power industry, the higher efficiency, reliability, versatility and ease of maintenance provided by a plate heat exchanger has made them a very attractive option.
- In the marine industry, the availability of high-grade titanium material for seawater, as well as a lower weight when compared to shell-and-tube solutions, have made plate heat exchangers very popular.
- In the HVAC industry, where installations range in size from single-family homes to large skyscrapers, the small footprint of a plate-and-frame heat exchanger makes them an increasingly popular choice.
- Even in the field of sugar production, large-scale plate evaporators have begun to take the place of traditional Robert evaporators.
Plate Heat Exchangers Can Be Found In Many Industries
Due to their versatility, ease of maintenance and relatively small size, plate-and-frame heat exchangers are finding new uses. As a matter of fact, the units can now be found serving many applications in almost every industry. Here are a few examples.