- Process temperature.
- Process evaluation items.
- Supply and condensate system trees.
- Steam trap station selection.
- Required steam pressures.
- Piping or tubing material selection.
- Insulation type and the K factor.
- Condensate return system selection.
- Calculations to determine the number of required
- Small process lines.
- Safety considerations.
- Standardization of materials and designs.
Steam Tracing Design Tips
March 21, 2011
When designing a steam tracing system, the plant needs to consider a number of design and installation factors to ensure an efficient and reliable operation. Swagelok Energy Advisors, Solon, Ohio, offers a report on best practices for steam tracing design and installation. Among the criteria to consider are: