Nationwide Boiler, Fremont, Calif., a maker of boiler systems for sale or rental, says a few precautionary steps mean the boiler can be properly prepared for pickup and shipment. Here's what Nationwide recommends.
- Completely drain and flush all boiler lines with clean
water and open all water drain valves to minimize the chance of corrosion and
hard deposits caused by unforeseen freezing conditions.
- Inspect all fireside and waterside surfaces, and report any visual
damage, scale buildup or refractory problems. Having photographic evidence of
the boiler condition after the rental period is advisable.
- Remove and remount the stack, and bolt the stub stack, non-return
valve, safety valves and vent valve to the trailer in the same locations in
which they were received.
- Cover all boiler openings (stack, steam, gas, water, electrical
panel and safety valve).
- If the trailer is disassembled, reattach wheels and gooseneck.
- Check trailer tire pressure.
- Return all instruction and operating manuals to the rental company via the trucker or transportation company responsible for returning the unit.