CompuPharma Ltd., Morristown, N.J., an online training company, has a safety module for new and existing employees in the pharmaceutical industry to explain terminology describing the hazardous properties of chemicals.
The self-paced interactive e-Learning module has audio voiceover and a 16-question multiple-choice assessment taken after completion. For the certified option, a hard copy certificate is mailed to the participant once the trainee has achieved an assessment score of 100 percent.
- Describes how the toxicity of a substance is measured.
- Explains the term "hazardous substance."
- Lists and describes the characteristics of toxic, corrosive,
harmful, irritant and flammable chemicals.
- Covers the different ignition sources found in a pharmaceutical
- Names and explains all temperature safety terms.