Industrial customers can access heat transfer products and solutions from API Heat Transfer Inc. and ThermaSys Corp. through a single corporate entity following a merger of the two companies.
As a result of the merger, API Heat Transfer, Buffalo, N.Y., brings to market standard and custom-engineered heat transfer solutions for end markets such as air drying, fluid power, food and beverage, oil and gas, and power generation.
“The API Heat Transfer and ThermaSys merger is a win-win proposition for our customers and employees,” says Joe Cordosi, president and CEO, API Heat Transfer. “As a unified company under the API Heat Transfer banner, our customers will benefit from the industry’s broadest specialty heat-exchanger portfolio…and an expanded global presence.”
In addition to the unified company name, API Heat Transfer reorganized its corporate structure into six business units:
- Airtech, which offers aluminum vacuum and CAB-brazed heat exchangers.
- Basco, which combines the Basco portfolio custom-engineered and standard shell-and tube designs with Serck’s cast-shell charge-air-coolers, oil coolers and heat exchanger designs.
- Covrad GT, which combines the expertise of Covrad and General ThermoDynamics to provide engine cooling systems designed for diesel-powered solutions.
- Schmidt-Bretten, which manufactures Schmidt plate heat exchangers and thermal process systems such as evaporation systems, pasteurizers and dealcoholization plants.
- Thermal Transfer Products, which manufactures standard air-cooled and shell-and-tube oil coolers for industrial and mobile applications as well as custom solutions for diesel engine cooling.
- ThermaSys Tubing, which offers ARUP and ThermaSys brand seam-welded brass and aluminum tubing products for industrial, automotive and specialty applications.
API Heat Transfer has a network of 12 manufacturing facilities worldwide, including locations in the United States, United Kingdom, China and Germany, as well as sales offices around the world. ThermaSys is based in Montgomery, Ala.
Report Abusive Comment