An enhanced version of heat-trace-project design software can help engineers create and specify heat tracing for temperature maintenance projects. ChromaTrace 3.0 from Pittsburgh-based Chromalox is suited for use by design engineers and maintenance personnel in industrial applications. It can be used to design systems such as piping systems in petrochemical processing, chemical processing and wastewater treatment, where temperature maintenance is required for uninterrupted operation.
Users of ChromaTrace 3.0 can get IEEE-compliant heat trace calculations and create a bill of materials to aid in purchasing. They will also be able to manage heat trace projects and drawings as well as connect pipe and tank data to specific drawings. The design engineer can simulate various scenarios to find the most cost-effective solution for their process.
Specific features include:
- Visual tree structure for pipes, tanks and control panels.
- Enhanced data handling via Excel import and export functions.
- Calculations compliant with the latest version of IEEE515.
- Links to Chromalox website for quick download of submittal data
- Improved reporting package with instant export to Microsoft Excel, Word or Adobe PDF format.
- Enhanced panel circuit assignment features.
- Back-end data link to AutoCAD for automated isometric drawings.