Industrial boiler and steam principles are the focus of a two-day training session produced by Cleaver-Brooks and Armstrong International. Planned for October 21-22 at the Armstrong University training facility in Three Rivers, Mich., the "Empowering Best Steam Practices Seminar" will focus on issues related to generation, distribution, consumption and losses, return and cost.
Session topics include:
- Boiler and burner designs and construction.
- Retrofitting a new burner to an old boiler.
- Combustion analysis and emissions.
- The importance of proper boiler sizing to load.
- Steam piping and proper steam trapping.
- Steam metering devices.
- Essentials of condensate return systems.
The complete agenda is online. Each attendee will earn 1.5 professional continuing education units for attending the $695 class. To register, call Armstrong International’s Lori Masnari at 269-279-3364.