The Industrial Heating Equipment Association will hold its popular safety standards and codes seminar on April 21-22, at the Hilton Garden Inn O’Hare in Des Plaines, Ill.
The two-day seminar will provide an overview of the new 2015 edition of the NFPA 86 standard for ovens and furnaces, which includes updated requirements for many areas of safety. Sessions will cover the required uses of the American national standards governing the compliant design and operation of ovens and furnaces.
Seminar content will include:
- An introduction to the NFPA 86 standard.
- The general requirements, guidelines for compliant location and construction requirements for ovens and furnaces.
- Safety equipment, including programmable logic controller systems.
- Class A, B and C furnaces.
- Commissioning, operations, maintenance, inspection and testing.
- Gas line evacuation (purging) and charging.
- Safety controls and devices.
- Loss prevention.
- Product liability.
The $850 ($725 for IHEA members) registration fee includes presentations, seminar materials and bound handouts; a printed copy of the 2015 edition of NFPA 86; a reception on Tuesday; and luncheon and refreshment breaks. For more information about the seminar, visit www.ihea.org